Chor Leoni Men's Choir
Nov. 15, 2016
Call for Artists Description:
Chor Leoni Men’s Choir and Artistic Director Erick Lichte are pleased to announce the first annual Canadian Choral Composition Competition (c/4). Three finalist compositions will be selected by the choir’s Artistic Director, and an independent panel of judges will determine their rankings (first prize $2000, second prize $1000, third prize $500).
In addition to the financial prizes, the composers of the three works will travel to Vancouver in February 2017, where they will stay in the luxurious Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre for three nights. They will hear their works sung by Chor Leoni in both rehearsal and public performance, receive a professional recording, and address the audience at the c/4 premiere on Friday, February 17 at the Orpheum Annex (8pm). These works may also be performed by Chor Leoni again in the choir’s spring season.
• $2000 first prize | $1000 second prize | $500 third prize;
• travel to and accommodation in Vancouver from Wednesday, Feb. 15 to Friday, Feb. 17, 2017);
• attendance of a workshop/rehearsal with Chor Leoni on their works on Wednesday, Feb. 15;
• attendance of the premiere at c/4 on Friday, Feb. 17, at the Orpheum Annex;
• participation in an in-concert conversation with Erick Lichte from the stage at c/4 on Friday, Feb. 17;
• a professional recording of Chor Leoni singing the work;
• possible future performance by Chor Leoni in the choir’s spring season.
• The composer must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or landed immigrant
• The work must be for 4-part male choir, TTBB voicing;
• The work may be a cappella or include piano accompaniment;
• The composer must secure rights to any non-public domain texts, and verification of secured rights for use of texts must be included with submission;
• Scores must be submitted in computer engraved format as a PDF file;
• Submissions must include midi file.
How to Apply:
Send scores for consideration to Erick Lichte, Artistic Director of Chor Leoni, at Erick@chorleoni.org