Place des Arts
Nov. 5, 2017
Call for Artists Description:
Place des Arts is currently accepting applications for its 2018-2019 gallery exhibition season.
Place des Arts offers three gallery spaces where local emerging artists and art groups may exhibit and sell their works. Artists living in British Columbia who are not represented by a professional gallery are considered local, emerging artists.
Place des Arts welcomes submissions in 2D and 3D media and techniques including fibre arts, pottery, sculpture, painting, photography, prints and drawings; we are not able to accommodate multimedia work at this time.
As Place des Arts is also a teaching arts centre, exhibiting artists are encouraged to offer talks and / or demonstrations during their exhibitions.
How to Apply:
Proposals must be received by email, mail or in-person at Place des Arts to the attention of:
Oliver McTavish-Wisden, Fine & Performing Arts Programmer
Place des Arts, 1120 Brunette Ave., Coquitlam, BC. V3K 1G2
firstname.lastname@example.org; (604) 664-1636 ext. 32
Proposals must include the following:
- Artist’s CV/résumé, including exhibition history and education;
- List identifying each Work Artist proposes to exhibit including the title, medium, date and dimensions;
- 5-10 high quality images of the Work Artist proposes to exhibit;
- Digital images must be submitted in 300 dpi resolution, no smaller than 5”x7”
- Each image must be marked, named and numbered, showing the correct orientation for viewing and using this naming convention: Artist Last Name_Image #_Title of Work (e.g.: Chan_3_Blue Stripes).
- Artist’s statement to act as an introduction of Artist’s exhibition to the viewer; and
- Completed Application form.
Application forms can be downloaded here: http://placedesarts.ca/gallery/how-to-exhibit.aspx