- Cultural Services has announced a series of four public information sessions about Vancouver's 125th anniversary plans in 2011 and its 125th Anniversary Grants Program.
This program is a time-limited opportunity which aims to foster awareness and understanding of Vancouver's identities, first nations' heritage and cultural diversity. It will support activities that enrich our society through civic engagement and the celebration of art, culture and heritage.
Community members are invited to attend any one of the four sessions:
- Tuesday September 7, 2010 from 6:00 - 7:30pm at Sunset Community Centre, 6810 Main Street;
- Thursday September 9, 2010 from 6:00 - 7:30pm at Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre, 1607 East Hastings Street;
- Monday September 13, 2010 from 6:00 - 7:30pm at Progress Lab, 1422 William Street;
- Wednesday September 15, 2010 from 6:00 - 7:30pm at St Paul's Anglican Church, 1130 Jervis Street.
To register for a session, e-mail email@example.com or call 604-873-7451.
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact a Cultural Planner at 604-829-2007 before filling in or submitting an application form to ensure their project is eligible.
Application forms and program guidelines are now available to download from the Cultural Services website for the upcoming October 1, 2010 deadline.