Be a voice for Vancouver's creative community! Applications are now open for the City of Vancouver's Arts and Culture Policy Council, a 15 member City Council appointed body. This is a great opportunity to help shape cultural policy.
The Arts and Culture Policy Council
- Provides input to City Council and staff about issues of concern and considers matters which may be referred by Council or staff
- Works with other agencies whose activities affect arts and culture communities
- Exchanges information with the arts and culture communities and the general public
- Applicants of all ages, genders, neighbourhoods, racial origins, income levels, sexual orientations, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must live or work in Vancouver, or have a significant body of experience with Vancouver issues
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience or knowledge, abilities, and skills related to the mandate of the policy council
- Members should represent a cross section of all artistic disciplines and practices
- The policy council will generally meet, either formally or informally, once a month
- Four of the meetings will be formal meetings with administrative support from the City Clerk's Office
- Policy council meetings generally last up to 2½ hours. A minimum of 1 to 2 additional hours a month is spent on email and other correspondence, meetings, networking, and promotion.
- Subcommittees of the policy council assist in certain subject areas such as Cultural Spaces and Public Art. Subcommittee membership consists of some Arts and Culture Policy Council members as well as persons willing to serve who are not members of the ACPC and requires an additional 2-hour time commitment every month or two.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 30, 2015 at 5 p.m.