Explain why you should be selected for the opportunity to represent BC during the 2014 Culture Days Campaign and National Congress on Culture in Winnipeg on May 22 & 23, 2014.
The BC Culture Days Task Force would like to send a BC delegate to the 2nd Annual Congress on Culture in Winnipeg. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, tell us (in 250 words or less) who you are, what Culture Days means to you, and how you would share and benefit from the Congress experience.
As BC ambassador and delegate at the National Congress on Culture, you will have the opportunity to act as a media spokesperson on behalf of BC artists, connect with artists and community organizers from across the country, and blog about your experiences on the Culture Days website.
The selected candidate will receive:
- Travel to and from the Congress in Winnipeg (airfare and transportation);
- 3 nights accommodation at the Fort Garry Hotel, May 21, 22 & 23;
- Registration fees for the National Congress on Culture (Congress program details here).
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an artist or cultural worker engaged with your community;
- Have previously presented a Culture Days activity in BC; and
- Plan to register an activity for Culture Days 2014.
One person will be invited to attend the National Congress on Culture at the discretion of a selection panel made up of members of the BC Culture Days Task Force. The successful candidate will be announced on May 9, 2013.
Send your submission to email@example.com with the subject line "BC Culture Days Ambassador."
Submission Deadline: May 5, 2014