Is your non-profit organization challenged with:
- Retaining good employees?
- Finding great people in a competitive hiring landscape?
- Building a strong leadership and succession planning?
- Supporting volunteers?
StepUp BC is offering a free one-day workshop to help you solve your human resources challenges in Vancouver on Thursday, July 24, 2014.
During the workshop, you'll learn how to use StepUp BC resources, developed specifically for non-profits in BC, to build capacity, make the most out of your existing talent, and more.
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (light lunch provided)
Where: Coast Coal Harbour, 1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
A.M. Program: Industry expert Mr. Eyyub Hajiyev presents “Non-profit Labour Market Study and What it Means for Your Organization”, the first comprehensive labour market study of the non-profit sector in BC. During this session you will learn:
- The composition of the BC non-profit sector labour force, wages benefits, volunteers and use of contractors with a focus on Metro Vancouver
- Expected skills shortages and strategies necessary to address the shortages
- Competitive advantages of the sector in hiring qualified staff
P.M. Program: Dr. Steve Patty facilitates a training session on the “Art and Practice of Evaluating Impact.” The session is designed to address the specific challenges faced by non-profits. During this session you will:
- Learn how to demonstrate the true value of your investment in people
- Explore and learn about evaluation design and strategy methods
- Apply evaluation strategies to prove and to improve organizational impact
Seating for this workshop is limited. Register by 5 p.m. Friday, July 18 by clicking here.