BC Culture Days has announced the winners of the local Ambassador and Awards program. Each ambassador, awarded $1,000 towards the production of their own Culture Days event, will act as spokespeople for Culture Days and engage the public to discover the “behind-the-scenes” world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators, and designers at work in their community during the Culture Days weekend, September 25, 26 & 27, 2015.
The BC Culture Days provincial ambassador and grand prize winner, Amanda Shatzko, was announced last month. Shatzko was awarded a trip to the National Congress on Culture in Edmonton, in addition to a $2,500 award towards her Culture Days event.
The following is a list of all the 2015 BC Culture Days Ambassadors and their planned Culture Days events:
- Amanda Shatzko (Vernon) Live Aerial Art Painting!
- Una Bruhns (North Vancouver) Poetry Reading
- Nina Buddhdev (Tri-Cities) Traditional India Series: "Ragas & Chai" Classical Concert and Conversations and Connections
- Svetlana Delous (Langley) A Night at the Circus; Circus for Adults; Circus for Teens; Circus for Kids; and Circus for Tots
- Oliver McTavish-Wisden (Vancouver) How to Make Mini-Comics at the Cloudscape Comics HQ
- Daniela O'Fee (Kamloops) Live Music Yoga
- Sarah Schmidt & Judy Nielsen (Nanaimo) Collaborative Tile Quilt Mosaic
- Miyuki Shinkai (Gibsons) Family Art Workshop
- Erica Skowron (Prince George) Free Sunday Afternoon Concert
- Kat Wahamaa (Maple Ridge) Where the Light Gets In
- Mandeep Wirk (Surrey) Surrey’s
Cultural Mosaic Culture Days is a collaborative movement to encourage awareness, participation and engagement of all Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities. Now in its sixth year, this Canada-wide celebration represents the largest-ever public participation campaign undertaken by the arts and cultural community in this country.
The BC Ambassador and Awards program was made possible by the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
To learn more about the 2015 BC Culture Days Ambassadors or to get information on how you can play a part in this year’s Culture Days celebrations, please visit BC.CultureDays.ca