Are you a professional artist interested in working with young people and educators in schools? Or do you already have some experience and want to enhance your skills?
The Arts Integration Learning Lab is a fully subsidised professional development experience for artists of all disciplines in the Greater Vancouver area. This program is designed to build the capacity of professional artists and position them to work alongside educators in schools.
The Arts Integration Learning Lab comprises a series of five practical, experiential learning sessions that will be offered once a month, from November 2015 to March 2016.
Artists selected to participate in the Arts Integration Learning Lab will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of arts integration and identify opportunities to grow their own professional practice
- Build facilitation skills to effectively work with young people and educators
- Develop abilities to plan and lead quality arts integrated interactions
- Learn about resources and opportunities for artists available through ArtStarts
- Explore the culture of schools and connect with curriculum
- Discover opportunities for artists to connect with educators in a professional capacity
- Connect with other artists in the Greater Vancouver area and engage in peer learning
The cost for artists selected to participate in the Arts Integration Learning Lab will be fully subsidized and covers: tuition, program materials and lunch. This opportunity is made possible through support from BC Arts Council and the Province of BC's Creative Futures program.
To apply to the Arts Integration Learning Lab, you must be:
- A professional artist
- Working in any artistic discipline(s): visual arts, theatre, music, dance, storytelling, interdisciplinary, etc.
- A resident of the Greater Vancouver area (see map below)
- Committed to attend all five days of workshops
For full details visit the ArtsStarts in Schools webpage.