The Royal City Literary Arts Society is inviting poetry submissions for this year's Fred Cogswell Award by the October 1 deadline.
First Prize: $500
Second Prize: $250
Third Prize: $100
The Award is named for Fred Cogswell (1917-2004), a prolific poet, editor, professor, life member of the League of Canadian Poets, and an Officer of the Order of Canada.
- Book must be bound as a book, not a chapbook.
- Book length must be a minimum of 50 pages in length.
- Selected poetry must be written in English by a single author.
- Book must be original work by the author (translations will not be considered at this time)
- Original date of publication falls between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014
- Book must be published in Canada.
- Book must be written by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident alive in submission year.
- Electronic books are not eligible.
George McWhirter is the sole judge for the Award. In case of dispute about the book’s eligibility, the Society’s decision will be final.
Two copies of the book must be submitted to the Royal City Literary Arts Society, along with a $25 reading fee, and must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2015.
The shortlist will be announced October 15 and winners will be announced November 1.
Winners and finalists will be feted at the RCLAS Awards Show, Anvil Centre on Nov 21, 2015, and winning authors and titles will be included in the December issue of RCLAS’s Wordplay e-zine.
For full eligibility details and more information on how to submit, visit http://rclas.com/awards-contests/fred-cogswell-award/award-guidelines/.