Artists across BC are invited to apply to be a 2016 Culture Days Ambassador in their community. Winners receive $1,000 towards community activation and production of a 2016 Culture Days activity.
The Culture Days Ambassador acts as a spokesperson for BC Culture Days and as a community mobilizer throughout the summer leading up to the Culture Days weekend (September 30-October 2, 2016).
Culture Days is a collaborative, Canada-wide volunteer movement to raise the awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of all Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities. This grassroots movement features free, hands-on, interactive activities coordinated by arts and cultural organizations, artists, municipalities, schools, and citizens over the course of three days, inviting the public to participate “behind the scenes”—and to discover the world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators, and designers at work in their community
The applicant must:
- Be an individual artist (amateur or professional) residing in BC
- Applications from organizations, businesses or groups are not eligible;
- Be active in their arts, culture or heritage community; and
- Register at BC.CultureDays.ca to present an activity in BC during the 2016 Culture Days weekend (September 30-October 2, 2016).
Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Networking and mobilizing — Reaching out to community members such as individual artists, arts organizations, cultural organizations, heritage organizations, and businesses encouraging them to offer activities during the Culture Days weekend.
- Promoting — Encouraging public participation and discussion about Culture Days through in-person interviews with community members, blog posts, and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Organizing — Registering and coordinating a free Culture Days activity for the public.
- Representing — Acting as spokesperson and media contact during the Culture Days publicity campaign. The ambassador may be called upon for TV, radio, and newspaper interviews to speak on behalf of BC Culture Days and their local arts and culture community.
June 15, 2016
How to apply
Please visit BC.CultureDays.ca to complete the online application form.
Submissions will be juried by members of the BC Culture Days Task Force. Winners will be awarded $1,000 (includes ambassador honorarium + activity budget).
Winners will be required to submit a final report in October.