Applications Open for 2016-17 BC Collaborative Spaces Program

Arts and culture organizations now can apply for grants of up to $50,000 for small capital projects through the BC Collaborative Spaces program. 

As part of the Province's recently announced Creative Economy Strategy, the BC Collaborative Spaces Program will invest in creative spaces in order to grow the creative economy, promote artistic creation, increased shared resources and facilitate collaboration, and enhance accessibility for artists and audiences throughout BC. 

The program follows a pilot in 2015-16 and is part of a commitment to target $1.5 million toward collaborative creative spaces over three years.

Grants will support: ‡ 

  • Renovations to expand or repurpose an existing creative space (for example, a gallery or theatre);
  • Renovations to expand or repurpose an existing community facility for increased creative purposes (for example, a friendship centre or heritage site);
  • The purchase of specialized equipment (for example, a film projector, theatre seating or sound equipment). 

Funding

Arts and culture groups, band councils, Aboriginal friendship centres and non-profit organizations with an arts and culture mandate are eligible to apply. 

A limited number of project grants will be available each year, and may be applied for up to 80% of the project costs. The remaining 20% can be matched through cash or in-kind contributions from other sources.

The maximum grant available is: 

  • Up to $50,000 for the renovation and improvement of existing space and facilities; OR 
  • Up to $50,000 for the purchase of specialized equipment; OR 
  • Up to $50,000 (combined total) for the purchase of specialized equipment and the renovation and improvement of existing space and facilities.

Application Deadline

September 1, 2016

More Information

Full program guidelines and application form can be found at www.gov.bc.ca/creativeeconomy.

 

©2015 Alliance for Arts + Culture. All rights reserved | Privacy Policy