The City of Vancouver is seeking submissions for capital funding for infrastructure projects that will secure and develop multi-artist production spaces in Mount Pleasant.
Examples of possible projects could include:
- Purchasing or upgrading existing artist production spaces
- Purchasing and developing new properties
- Implementing a reserve fund to cover a portion of facility operating costs
The City is looking for projects that:
- Provide a significant community benefit and best meet the need for accessible, affordable multi-artist production spaces in or serving Mount Pleasant
- Demonstrate support and demand from artists and the community that the facility intends to serve
- Secure facilities for long term use as artist production spaces and operate them on a not-for-profit basis
- Be led by organizations with the capacity, skills, and experience to successfully fundraise, plan for, develop, and operate the facility
- Have realistic and sustainable plans and budgets
- Propose robust financing strategies and mechanisms that leverage funding from other sources
- Propose innovative collaborations and partnerships
- Be, or plan to be, a secured long-term public asset for use as an artist production space
Proponents must be established Vancouver-based non-profit arts and cultural organizations that have been working towards securing, enhancing, or developing sustainable artist production facilities in - or adjacent to - Mount Pleasant.
Tuesday, November 26, 3:00 p.m. Information meeting
Monday, December 2, 4:00 p.m. Deadline to submit questions
Thursday, December 19, 4:00 p.m. Submission deadline
Click here for more information.
You must contact Derek Simons, cultural planner, to discuss your project prior to applying. Derek can provide applications to eligible organizations:
Derek.Simons@vancouver.ca or 604.673.8283