The City of Vancouver Cultural Services Department is pleased to provide up to ten bursaries for members of the arts and culture community to attend Our Spaces, Our Places conference on sharing, leasing or buying spaces for a non-profit organizations.
The value of the bursary is $249. If you are a Vancouver-based professional artist/creator, an individual representing a Vancouver arts and culture organization, or involved in creative space development, you might qualify.
The deadline to apply for a bursary to this conference is 4 p.m. on Monday, September 20.
For more information on bursary eligibility and the application process visit:http://vancouver.ca/commsvcs/cultural/gasp/grants/facilities/SPRE.htm
Details of the conference follow:
Our spaces, our places!
Buying, leasing and sharing spaces for mission-driven organizations
The Inaugural Social Purpose Real Estate Conference --
November 8 & 9, 2010
Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Downtown
Cost: $249/registration or $199/early bird registration
On your own? Moving in together? What do you need to know about buying buildings and sharing spaces? Join a diverse gathering of not-for-profits, funders, investors, government and real estate professionals working together to find solutions that provide quality, secure, mission-enhancing workspace for community organizations.
Registration Opens September 2010 – only 200 seats available
- Real Estate Planning Fundamentals: Learn about the planning process for acquiring and developing a facility;
- Financing your Project: Explore financing options and what you need to prepare for and to access financing;
- Readiness for Co-Location: Top 10 strategic questions to consider;
- Finding Partners and Building Intentional Communities: How to identify the right partners and tenants for co-location;
- Sharing Programming and Services...or not: The benefits and challenges of shared services;
- A dynamic ‘Investors Forum’ where investors, funders and experienced not-for-profit leaders assess and advise on actual projects currently underway.
Who should come?
- Not-for-profits who want to acquire and control their facilities or co-locate and share services with other not-for-profits
- Foundations, philanthropists, and government funders interested in generating not-for-profit equity with real estate grants or loans and learning about innovative land use partnerships underway in Vancouver, Denver, Calgary, and Toronto
- Lenders and real estate professionals interested in a potential new customer segment and the value gained by partnering in not-for-profit real estate ventures.
Our goal is to build community assets through unique partnerships and investments that create a blend of real social, environmental and financial returns.
- Central City Foundation
- The Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia
- City of Vancouver
- Tides Canada
- Renewal Partners
Presented in Partnership with:
The Nonprofit Centers Network
Watch for upcoming announcements on Registration and Program information, along with Sponsorship opportunities.
See you at the Conference!
November 8-9, 2010 at the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Downtown!