The Canadian Arts Coalition is working on five initiatives to strengthen the presence of the arts in Campaign 2011 – and we invite you to join us in one or more of them.
- For the duration of the campaign, every Friday at 1 p.m., the Canadian Arts Coalition will be hosting weekly teleconferences with arts activists from across the country, one in English and one in French. The English calls are scheduled for every Friday 10 a.m. PST (A French call will follow.)
If you are involved in federal election arts initiatives in your riding and would like to get a sense of the information resources available to you, exchange perspectives with other arts activists, and share best practices, you are welcome to take part.
Email @ email@example.com for dialing instructions.
- The Coalition hosts a lively page on Facebook, and invites you and the people you know to publish your updates, links and reports. Click here to access the page.
- If you are tweeting about federal election arts issues, consider using the hashtag #artsvotecan -- and tell everyone you know to do the same!
- A team of volunteers is working on assembling an election toolkit for the Canadian Arts Coalition website. We'll be able to tell you more about it next week, but it should ultimately include a messaging piece, some door-step questions, compelling arts facts, a Twitter primer, links to relevant local, provincial and national resources, analyses of the party platforms, and guidelines for registered charities during elections.
- Orchestras Canada will host an email discussion group for people working on election issues who would like to stay in touch via email. If this interests you, you can submit a request to join the group by clicking on this link and then clicking on "Subscribe" in the menu on the right hand side of the screen.