The National Summit for the Charitable and Nonprofit Sector is bringing together leaders from across sub-sectors and from across the country to focus on the top four priorities for action identified in a recent national survey:
- Improved conditions for the attraction and retention of paid staff;
- More diversified and sustainable financing;
- Better understanding of our work and our impact;
- Enhanced support for the engagement of volunteers/external talent.
Summit organizers have also lined up an exciting roster of speakers, including:
- Governor-General David Johnston, delivering the opening address;
- Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi on the role of the sector in building vibrant and resilient communities;
- Social commentator Allan Gregg on where we sit on the radar screens of decision-makers, the media and the public;
- Emmanuelle Hébert, co-Founder of MU in Montreal, will be speaking about community and citizen engagement.
For more information and to register for this event visit the National Summit for the Charitable and Nonprofit Sector website.