Hilary Davis, who works for the Roundhouse Community Arts & Rec Centre and as a Program Assistant for the Arts & Culture office of the Vancouver Park Board is hoping to get some quick responses from the community regarding a new proposed space at the Trout Lake Community Centre. "Construction for the new centre will begin right after the Olympics next April and we are advocating for a new, albeit rather small rehearsal/workshop presentation space... Our next building committee meeting is on Aug.13th so we are hoping to get some feedback by then to support the new space. I've included some details on the space and few questions to answer." Proposed space at the new Trout Lake Community Centre will include:
- 1200 square feet
- 20 foot ceilings
- Good dance floor (potentially Jay Gower Taylor design)
- Basic lighting grid
- Black-out curtains
- Good sound isolation
- Potentially collapsible seating
- Is this a space you would potentially want to rent?
- What kind of time blocks would you need? Would you need exclusive use over a period of days or weeks? Or would your use be more a certain number of hours for a certain number of days, e.g. 2 hours a day for 3 weeks.
- How much rent would you expect to pay?
- Is there anything that would make this space more desirable (unfortunately it will not be possible to make it bigger.)
- Would the fact that Jay Gower Taylor designed the floor be a factor? (his other projects include the Dance Centre & SFU Woodwards)
- Any other comments?
Feel free to contact Hilary if you have any questions or need any more information. Hilary Davis Community Arts Program Assistant Arts & Culture Office Vancouver Park Board Direct: 604.713.1812 email@example.com