The Vancouver Independent Music Centre Society, along with a coalition of presenting organizations, musicians, composers and managers, has started plans to develop a designated music centre in Vancouver and have issued three Requests for Proposals for related studies.
The Society envisions a purpose-built Vancouver Music Centre with excellent acoustics dedicated to world, jazz, folk, traditional and chamber music. This would be a Music Centre that:
- cares about live music;
- is tailored to, and affordable for, the presentation of music;
- is accessible to a broad range of artists;
- is available to partner with the city’s new and well-established music presenters and educators; and
- attracts all members of Vancouver’s culturally diverse communities to the incredible musical wealth of this city.
A Needs Assessment for the Music Centre was completed and Feasibility Study is being drafted. In addition, three Requests For Proposals have been issued for studies on:
2. Fundraising: Capital Campaign and Naming Rights (download pdf);
3. Café / Bar Operations and Licensing (download pdf)
Deadline for Submissions: 12:00 noon, Monday, April 8, 2013
For more information about the Vancouver Music Centre, download the brochure (pdf format).
Inquiries can be directed to the following, up to one week before the RFP submission deadline: