Attend part 2 of this business dialogue to support growth and innovation in Surrey's arts and culture industry.
The Surrey Board of Trade and the City of Surrey are continuing their partnership focused on recognizing the economic and social value of fostering a thriving cultural industry in Surrey.
Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2013
7:30 a.m. - Registration and Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Program
Surrey Arts Centre
13750 88th Ave
Admission: Free (registration is required). Visit http://www.businessinsurrey.com/, click on Events, and select the event in the calendar to register. For more information call 604.581.7130.
Successful creative new initiatives/entrepreneur panel:
- Glen Chua, festival director at Surrey International Film Festival
- Kashif Pasta, director, editor, writer, co-founder at dunya.ca
- Candace Radcliffe, department head and artistic director/producer, Beach House Theatre Co.
Cultural Hub panel:
- Elia Kirby, president of the Arts Factory Society & Marietta Kozak, treasurer of the Arts Factory Society
- Justin Langois, Emily Carr University of Art + Design professor/co-founder and research director of Broken City Lab
How to create Cultural Hubs in Surrey
Hear from experts about how to contribute to environments where artists can collaborate, investigate and explore.
How to create youth cultural entrepreneurs
Meet and hear about successful new cultural ventures led by young entrepreneurs.
Business and Arts Table Dialogue
Brainstorm ideas on:
- Transforming unused spaces for creative industries
- Creating and promoting existing creative industries in Surrey
- Supporting young entrepreneurs in creative industries
- Attracting the creative class