The boardroom at the Alliance offices in downtown Vancouver is available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
Member and non-members may rent the boardroom for meetings, receptions, readings, seminars, workshops, and events. Usage must comply with the Alliance’s lease, including any special licensing required due to serving alcohol.
For more information on procedures, download the following document:
Boardroom procedures (PDF)
Dates and times
The boardroom is available during the day, on weeknights, weekends, and statutory holidays (but not during a 2-week Christmas break). Use restrictions may apply during office hours, Mondays through Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is available all day on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Bookings are on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call or email to check availability. Space may be booked up to four (4) months in advance. Bookings are considered tentative until the Boardroom Rental Agreement has been signed and returned and a credit card number is provided. The credit card will only be charged to cover the cost of damages, if the rental agreement is forfeited, or if the renter cancels their contract within seven days of their rental date.
Alliance staff members are not always present during rental hours. You are responsible for opening and closing the facility, as well as the security of the space (as per the “Boardroom Procedures” document). You will be given a security and procedures orientation prior to usage.
Size and height
28’6” x 20’ x 8’ high. There are no windows.
The room holds 25-30 people conference-style, 40 people theatre-style, and 150 for stand-up receptions. Renters are responsible for set up/take down of seating and room clean-up.
Facilities and Equipment
- 24 rolling, nesting armchairs and 75 additional folding chairs
- 12 rolling, nesting tables (24” x 72”)
- 8 stand-up lamps, 2 fans, coat rack and small fridge
- wheelchair-accessible lobby, boardroom, and washrooms
- kitchen facilities (not wheelchair accessible)
- Special Occasion Licence required if alcohol is served
- free access to wireless connection
- a projection screen, 2 flipchart easels (no paper or pens provided), TV/VCR/DVD, and a computer data projector (with adaptors for both PC and Mac) are available for use.
- equipment must be requested in advance on the Boardroom Rental Agreement. It is the renter's responsibility to ensure that any additional equipment brought in (laptop, etc) is compatible with our equipment and hook-up capabilities.
All fees include GST.
- $10 per hour or any part of an hour (minimum 2-hour booking)
- $25 per hour or any part of an hour (minimum 2-hour booking) for activities for which a fee has been charged (e.g. workshops and seminars)
- $25 per hour or any part of an hour (minimum 2-hour booking).
Boardroom bookings can be paid in the following ways:
- Cash: in person only
- Cheque: made payable to “Alliance for Arts and Culture”
- Credit Card: VISA or MasterCard only
- Online: via PayPal
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.681.3535 (201) for more information and to book.