The Seymour Art Gallery was founded in 1985 as the first community operated art gallery on the North Shore. It moved into its current premises in the municipally-owned Deep Cove Cultural Centre in 1992, and continues to be the only public art gallery in the District of North Vancouver.
The Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art, a not for profit, Canadian charity, opened in May 2008 in downtown Vancouver. This public art gallery is named after Bill Reid (1920 – 1998), the acclaimed Haida master goldsmith, carver, sculptor, writer, spokesman and one of Canada’s greatest artists. The Gallery is devoted to understanding and appreciating contemporary Aboriginal art of the Northwest Coast.
The historic City of New Westminster is nearing construction completion of its showpiece civic facility – the Anvil Centre – opening in 2014 and located in the heart of downtown on Columbia Street, between 8th Street and Begbie, and just opposite the New Westminster Skytrain station. The Anvil Centre contains 84,000-square feet of interior space, including: