Vancouver TheatreSports League
Oct. 26, 2016 (4:00 pm PST)
VTSL began in 1980 and is now a local institution and a worldwide phenomenon, producing and staging some of the most daring and innovative improv in the world. VTSL continues to wow audiences at The Improv Centre performing to more than 60,000 enthusiasts yearly, five nights a week, 52 weeks per year.
VTSL Seeks Rare Individual
Are you that rare combination of detail oriented and out-going people person? Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment and for a company that is in the business of laughter? If the answer is ‘yes,’ we have an opportunity for you. Vancouver TheatreSports™ League (VTSL) is seeking a dynamic, engaging, individual to join the Box Office Team at The Improv Centre on Granville Island.
This position is the first point of contact for guests at The Improv Centre and as such you are the face of VTSL to our patrons. Your primary responsibility is to provide guests with a positive and professional experience while communicating show/program information and processing ticket sales. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager and Theatre Operations Manager and also works closely with the Front of House team to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Why work for VTSL? VTSL staff become a member of the VTSL Family helping bring laughter to the world as well as each other. Come join the team that laughs together where you will leave feeling appreciated and a part of something bigger. Your Laughter means everything to us!
Working Conditions: Part-time, 4 to 20 hours per week. Candidates must be available evenings, weekends and holidays as well as limited day time hours. Most shifts start at 5:30pmand run as late as 12am.
• Provide a positive experience for all guests at all times
• Facilitate all ticket transactions through Theatre Manager ticketing system
• Maintain detailed records and data while ensuring operational policies and procedures are met and followed
• Box Office reconciliations, cash deposits and reporting
• Troubleshoot minor computer, printer and credit card scanner problems
• Experience with Theatre Manager Ticketing software or other event ticketing program experience is an asset (e.g. Tessitura, Ticket Master)
• Minimum 2 years of cash-handling experience, preferably in a Box Office environment
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to thrive within a fast paced environment and enjoy working directly with the public
• Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task with little supervision
• Attention to detail, accuracy and quality control with a commitment to meeting policy and procedures
• Ability to follow written instructions and to troubleshoot, problem solve and adapt to changes when required
• Proficient utilizing MS Word, Excel and Outlook
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Customer Service Manager
Please include in subject line: Box Office Attendant
Starting wage $13.50/ hour
Contact Name: Customer Service Manager
Contact Email: Services@VTSL.com