Nov. 10, 2016
Gateway Theatre is a welcoming and inclusive regional theatre for Richmond and its surrounding communities. Encouraging participation and cultural diversity, we strive for excellence and leadership in the development and production of live professional theatre and programs that connect the community.
Under the supervision of the Education Manager, the successful candidate will support the activities of the department and execute coordination and support administratively Gateway Theatre’s education programs.
• Coordination of internal programming (eg Conservatory, RBC Outreach, Academy)
• Coordination of external programming within Richmond School District
• Coordination assistance of education events
• Processing assistance with registrations
• Relationship development (eg with students, parents, instructors, staff)
• Website updates
• Newsletter and social media copywriting
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior experience in theatre and education
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• An enthusiasm for customer service
• Proficiency in MS Office software
• InDesign or Publisher skills are an asset
• Knowledge of local theatre community is an asset
• Must have or be willing to obtain an RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check (to work with children)
The successful candidate must be reliable, detail-oriented, and comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently, both individually or as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Robin White, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm,November 10, 2016. Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.