Tourism Vancouver's Tickets Tonight
Tourism Vancouver's Tickets Tonight is committed to marketing cultural tourism to visitors and local Vancouverites including providing access to the amazing variety of performing arts, cultural and sporting events that Vancouver offers in support of the economic vitality of the cultural sector.
Tourism Vancouver’s Tickets Tonight is currently seeking Box Office Customer Service Representatives to join our team. These are on-call part-time positions for outgoing customer service oriented team players that thrive in a fast paced, diverse theatre environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Tickets Tonight & Cultural Tourism, this position includes the following responsibilities:
• Conduct in-person ticket sales at various Box Office locations using a web-based ticketing system.
• Provide exceptional front line customer service and problem solving to patrons.
• Confident in a fast-paced environment and can handle all situations in a calm and courteous manner under pressure.
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands, take initiative and work independently and within a team.
• Organize and distribute pre-paid ticket inventory
• Reconcile and deposit box office sales reports and transactions
• Foster and maintain a positive, proactive and professional attitude toward Tourism Vancouver and its activities.
• Transport, set-up and strike on site box office equipment.
• Minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in customer service including cash handling.
• Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience with ticketing software, knowledge of Ticketforce ticketing system is an asset.
• Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with staff, volunteers and the general public in an efficient and tactful manner.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands, take initiative, and work independently and within a team.
• Enthusiastic interest in the local arts and entertainment industry a definite asset.
• Flexible to work pre-scheduled day, evening and weekend shifts.
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in a second language is an asset.
The successful candidates will be highly motivated, proactive self-starters, able to accommodate an extremely flexible and fluid work schedule that can include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Weekly hours dependent on show activity. Professional appearance and demeanour are essential to the position, as is the ability to work in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
How to Apply:
If you have the skills and experience to make a significant contribution, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants considered for this position will be contacted.