Women in Film and Television Vancouver
Nov. 3, 2016
Women In Film and Television Vancouver (WIFTV) is a member driven not-for-profit society. Our main objectives are: to further the artistic and professional development of women in the Canadian screen-based media community; and to recognize and promote the artistic and professional contributions of women in the Canadian screen-based media community and in the community at large. Responding to the limited opportunities for women in leadership positions in the film and television industry, WIFTV was formed in 1989 by a group of professional women working in the industry. As well as developing advocacy initiatives, we offer a variety of professional development programs, networking events, awards ceremonies, screenings and an annual five-day international film festival.
This is a part time position at twenty-four hours a week. Some event attendance will be required. Hours will vary slightly with the seasonality of our events. Some work can be done remotely and some office presence will be required. The communications coordinator will work with the Executive Director as well as WIFTV’s Communications Committee to develop, lead, support and implement a variety of communications strategies for all of WIFTV’s events and activities.
• Developing key messaging
• Translating messaging into a variety of communications platforms including website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, emails and e-news
• Website updates
• E-news editing
• Writing press releases
• Writing blogs
• Maintaining WIFTV’s blog site
• Outreach to WIFTV’s community partners and members
More information can be found here.
Education and experience:
• Degree in Communications or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Demonstrated interest in screen-based media
• Demonstrated interest in issues related to gender equality
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Strong written communication skills
• Knowledge of various social media platforms and ability to adapt to evolving platforms
• Ability to learn WIFTV’s website interface
• Ability to meet deadlines and juggle numerous tasks
• Ability to work independently and in a team
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter outlining how you are qualified for the position as well a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Coordinator as the subject. Please include two references.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.