Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
Oct 28. 2016
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in Western Canada. Founded in 1919, the VSO performs 150 concerts annually in its home, the Orpheum Theatre, and in numerous venues throughout Metro Vancouver. Music Director Bramwell Tovey has led the Vancouver Symphony since the 2000/2001 season. The VSO’s recording of concerti by Barber, Korngold and Walton, with Canadian violinist James Ehnes, captured both Grammy and Juno awards in 2008.
The Vancouver Symphony is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic customer service representative, ideally with knowledge and experience using the Tessitura, Audience View, or Ticketmaster ticketing and database systems. New staff will join and complement our Sales and Customer Service team, providing outstanding information and service, and help maintain and improve the brand and quality name of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (The “VSO”).
Successful applicants will have working (PC) computer skills, a patient and conscientious demeanour, flexibility with scheduling, presentable dress and appearance, full-fluency in written and spoken English, and an excellent ability to interact competently and thoroughly with customers, staff and volunteers, delivering accurate conscientious attention to detail and fulfillment of customer expectations. Scheduling will require employee availability both during weekdays and weekends, without exception, including daytime and evening shift work.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Receiving incoming phone calls, and in-person interaction with Vancouver Symphony customers
2) Working at the VSO concert box office, including weekday and weekend evenings
3) Processing of ticket orders, directly with customers and incoming mail materials
4) Fulfillment of all customer needs, mailing of materials, database records, account and order review
5) Working the VSO box office facilities, including our daytime box office, and concert night shifts
6) A flexible work schedule will be expected, including morning, evening, and weekend shifts
1) Ticketing & customer service experience is a MUST, including telephone and in-person transactions.
2) Strong working knowledge and facility using Windows operating system.
3) Good Windows & MS Office software skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel.
4) Full fluency in English, spoken and written.
1) Familiarity and knowledge of the Tessitura application/database and/or Audience View
2) Experience working for a performing Arts organization, in a customer service capacity
3) Direct experience, having worked at the Chan Centre, or with Ticketmaster, at VSO concerts
4) Knowledge of classical and orchestral music; and a familiarity and enthusiasm for the performing arts
How to Apply:
Please email resumes, and any questions to email@example.com
Please make the subject line only read “Customer Service Representative” in your email.
Emails sent with a different subject line will not be reviewed and the application will not be considered.
Starting wage: $13.50 per hour, plus vacation pay 4%.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org