Nov. 10, 2016
Neworld Theatre is searching for an experienced Technical Director to work in collaboration with the Producer and the Artistic team in the creation and execution of the technical elements of KING ARTHUR’S NIGHT, a new production touring to Toronto and Ottawa in June 2017.
Dates: all dates will be confirmed in the fall of 2016.
• Pre-production: December 2016 – April 2017 (part-time, semi-regular meetings, hours TBC).
• Rehearsals: May 2017 (Includes 2 weeks in Banff).
• Tour & Performances: June 2017.
• Oversees completion of all technical elements of production to the highest standard, and within budget.
• Attend all production meetings.
• Supports creation of tour tech rider.
• Supervision of all technical crew while in the performing venues in Toronto and Ottawa.
• Oversees the work of outside contractors, shops, and suppliers.
• Make final decisions on all technical issues.
• Participate in the scheduling process where necessary.
• Ensure the efficient use of material and human resources.
• Approve of all technical drawings and paperwork, including lighting plots.
• Ensure that all theatre gear is in good working order prior to first load in day. Should any equipment require repair, the TD will communicate with the host venue to arrange for repair and/or replacement.
• Responsible for scheduling load ins/outs, and supervising all technical installation and operations with the venues in Toronto and Ottawa.
• Communicate directly with Producer in situations that affect scheduling or the budget.
• 5 years working as a TD preferred.
• Working knowledge of CAD and/or Vectorworks an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of stagecraft: stagecraft, theatre production and scenic construction, rigging, lighting, video.
• Technical theatre supervisory experience, ideally including experience working alongside and supervising IATSE union stagehands
• Experience with a variety of types of live performance including theatre, dance, and music.
• Strong personnel, scheduling, and budgetary management skills.
• Demonstrate appropriate problem solving capabilities, leadership qualities and initiative when required.
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment, experience with touring a large theatre production is preferred.
• Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a letter and resume w/ references to:
• During production: $1,200/ week.
• During pre-production: to be negotiated based on schedule and availability.
Contact Name: Matthew Moreau
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org