Gateway Theatre is a welcoming and inclusive regional theatre for Richmond and its surrounding communities. Encouraging participation and cultural diversity, we strive for excellence and leadership in the development and production of live professional theatre and programs that connect the community.
The Artistic Associate has four primary areas of responsibility:
• Drafting performer contracts and acting as a liaison between Gateway Theatre, PACT, and CAEA
• Acting as the main point of contact for artists working at Gateway
• Coordinating casting efforts and managing auditions
• Assisting the Artistic Director with season planning, new play development, and engagement with the artistic community
Reporting to the Artistic Director the Artistic Associate will:
• assist in production budgeting
• supervise a summer intern
• work closely with the Marketing and Sales, Development, Education, and Production departments
• A thorough knowledge of professional theatre practice with specific reference to actors, directors, playwrights, designers, and other artists and theatre practitioners working in the Lower Mainland and across Canada
• Excellent organizational abilities and immaculate attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills – particularly competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of the CTA and DOT agreements is an asset
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Jovanni Sy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
$32,000 - $35,000 plus benefits