Shadbolt Centre for the Arts
Oct. 31, 2016
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
We are actively seeking an experienced Violin Instructor for our Violin Basics children’s group classes and private violin lessons at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts. This is a temporary (17-week) contract position taking place on Thursday and Friday afternoon/evenings (a total of 8 hours per week), starting the week of January 12th and ending the week of June 2nd.
• working independently with children in a group setting and in a one-on-one setting
• creating all lesson plans for 17 weeks of classes
• hands on instruction for children ranging in age from 6-14 years
• Minimum 5 years teaching experience
• Music Degree or ARCT Diploma
• Experience teaching children in a group setting
• Ability to work with participants with a wide range of abilities
A current Criminal Records Check is required for all instructors. This can take place after the interview.
How to Apply:
Apply via email with resume to: Mark Vescovi, Music Programmer, email@example.com
Contract Instructor Rate: $35.00 + 4% in Lieu of Benefits
Contact Name: Mark Vescovi
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org