Sopel Studio Inc.
LYLE SOPEL STUDIO Inc. is a fine art sculpture studio located in the Vancouver area that creates museum caliber jade and gemstone works, ranging in stature from pedestal to life-sized, for the luxury art market.
Unique position available for a creative, conscientious and competent individual who wishes to support the effective everyday running and marketing of a master gemstone sculpture art studio.
- Support Creative Director with marketing campaigns, writing projects, and client care
- Manage all gallery social media outlets (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram) and create original posting content
- Produce original written content for marketing and studio collateral
- Edit, proofread, and finalize content written by others for marketing and studio collateral
- Oversee, coordinate, and delegate tasks within small studio team
- Oversee, coordinate, and delegate tasks among offsite independent contractors - Outsourcing (i.e.: website developers, marketing consultants, writers, graphic designers, print companies)
- Prepare paperwork and process art shipments and customs documents
- Part-time position. 3 days/week.
- Position will involve being physically at the studio at least 1 day/week, but majority of tasks will be carried out remotely from a computer, requiring the candidate to be reliably available to the Creative Director via phone, text and email during the duration of their shifts.
- Candidate must have Mac-friendly laptop, cell phone, and reliable and steady Wi-Fi access
- Must have worldly and sophisticated qualities
- Own transportation preferred
- Social media savvy, i.e. fluency in Hootsuite, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
- Background in current marketing and social media trends
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp and Google Drive
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress
- Working knowledge of Unbounce platform or willingness to self teach
- Any graphic design capabilities are a definite plus
- Familiarity with luxury industry branding and marketing an asset
- Understanding of relationship selling and the dynamics involved
- Awareness and appreciation of fine arts preferred
- Able to work on multiple projects and keep them moving towards completion in the presence of changing demands and requirements
- Understanding of the creative process and ability to maintain linear focus in a creatively driven environment
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Adaptability is essential
- Great verbal communicator
- Creative problem solver
- Enthusiastic, competent, honest, compassionate
- Understanding, good sense of humour, light hearted
- Preferred software capabilities: Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
How to Apply:
Submit hand-written cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
$22/HR to start. Possible increase based on probationary period.