Until filled (applications received before noon on Friday, September 16 will be given priority)
Combining classical integrity with a contemporary sensibility, Ballet BC is a company of 18 talented dancers from Canada and around the world that is committed to the ballet of today. Solidly grounded in the rigour and artistry of classical ballet, with an emphasis on innovation and the immediacy of the 21st century, the Company presents a distinct and diverse repertoire of the most sought-after Canadian and international contemporary ballet choreography. Ballet BC continues its commitment to perform highly acclaimed productions on regional, national and international tours in addition to its regular performance season at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver.
Ballet BC seeks a dynamic Development Manager, Individual Giving with a passion for the performing arts to help manage fundraising activities on a regular, full-time basis for one of the world’s foremost contemporary ballet companies. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the local and regional philanthropic community, especially individual donors who support the arts. We are looking for an expert communicator—in person, in writing, on the phone—with strong development acumen, stellar project management skills and the ability to pay attention to details without losing sight of the big picture.
• Manage Annual Fund Campaign;
• Actively engage and shape strategy around all stages of the fundraising cycle for individual donors—research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
• Plan and manage individual donor relations, recognition, acknowledgement and stewardship programs;
• Plan and manage targeted fundraising activities and events, including studio rehearsal receptions, theater events and off-site activities;
• Maintain, improve upon and troubleshoot donor database and gift tracking tools, as well as administration of workflows around individual donations;
• Segment and create donor mail/email lists, manage mailings and RSVPs to events;
• Plan, execute, and manage Silent Auction, including volunteer management, coordination of solicitations and design and production of promotional materials;
• Manage the Ballet BC Up young patrons program;
• Draft invitations, acknowledgment letters, donor newsletter items;
• Coordinate with foundation giving as pertains to Annual Fund Campaign and assist as needed with corporate and government fundraising;
• Ensure the ethical handling of all confidential donor, sponsor and prospect information.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively as part of a professional team;
• Able to set priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
• Meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
• Strong organizational and analytical skills;
• Outstanding communication skills, ensuring a professional quality in all communications: electronic, written, oral;
• Experience working in the arts and with artists is preferred, with particular interest in the mission, programs and future plans of Ballet BC;
• Working knowledge of the Canadian not-for-profit financial environment.
An energetic, results-oriented fundraising professional, the Development Manager, Individual Giving will have the following Minimum Required Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college, preferably in marketing, business administration or arts, or equivalent experience;
• Two years experience in fundraising and relationship building;
• Superb attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
• Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects, competing demands and changing priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively as a member of a professional team;
• Excellent computer skills with a high proficiency in MS Office applications; familiarity with GiftTool, Tessitura and/or Salesforce an asset.
THE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, INDIVIDUAL GIVING MUST AT ALL TIMES:
• Be committed to familiarizing him/herself with Company rules and regulations;
• Regardless of time constraints and demands on time, remain professional and convey an attitude of helpfulness and concern;
• Demonstrate initiative and autonomy;
• Recognize overlaps, and understand when flexibility is required;
• Maintain and communicate a positive image of the Company in all dealings both internally and externally.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the Development Manager, Individual Giving will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. All members of Ballet BC’s staff are required to be professional, cooperative and flexible in line with the needs of the Company.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following:
• Cover letter
• 2-3 writing samples
Electronic applications preferred. Please submit applications and support material to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted by mail to:
Director of Operations and Production
601 Smithe Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5G1
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications received before noon on Friday, September 16 will be given priority.
Ballet BC is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.