New Forms Media Society
New Forms Media Society (NFMS) exists to unite creative communities, push artistic and conceptual boundaries, and explore digital media as an art form. By producing the New Forms Festival (NFF) as well as a growing schedule of year-round public presentations, NFMS aims to raise the profile of Canadian artists, digital culture, and new media practices both in Canada and abroad. NFMS is dedicated to showcasing innovative media works and sound-based performances that generate a critical and creative discourse within the public sphere.
New Forms Media Society is seeking an Executive Director for a one-year term contract (renewable pending funding).
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the coordination and administration of the programs and affairs of the Society in accordance with the stated mandate, goals, and policies as provided by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is also responsible for staff supervision and management, public relations, programming activities, fundraising, consultation and coordination with community groups and councils.
• A combination of relevant education and professional experience in the operations of a not for profit organization and contemporary art institutions.
* Profound knowledge of new media art practices, digital culture, and electronic music in Canada and abroad.
• Proven ability to work within a multicultural and multigenerational community.
• Ability to build and maintain a diverse community network.
• Proven organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in volunteer board management and development.
• Solid track record in financial management and budgeting.
• Superior skills in grant writing and funding development.
• An understanding of arts management policies and practices.
• Experience in developing short and long term business plans in a non-profit environment.
• Ability to coordinate and run ongoing activities and special events.
• Maintain existing relationships and develop curatorial talent.
• Proven ability in human resources management working with volunteers and staff.
• Superior written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven abilities in community program development and stakeholder engagement.
How to Apply:
Applicants will be accepted by electronic transmission until filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to: Malcolm Levy, Executive Director email@example.com
$30,000 (approximately 21 hours / week)
Contact Name: Malcolm Levy
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org