North Vancouver Community Arts Council
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is a grassroots, social-profit, charitable cultural organization dedicated to maximizing the intrinsic value of the arts in all media.
Our mandate is to enable emerging and professional artists in all disciplines, bridge cultures and build strong communities through the arts.
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking a Performing Arts Instructor for our After School Arts Programme who is confident and experienced in teaching musical theatre to children.
After School Art is an in-school programme provided to elementary schools in North Vancouver by the NVCAC. The programme is designed to make the arts more accessible, convenient and comfortable for the parent and student by providing trained instructors to teach students in their own school environment.
This is a contract opportunity that involves a commitment of 8 weeks, once a week from 3:00pm-5:00pm, though there is the possibility of additional teaching opportunities throughout the year. Innovative individuals who have original ideas and methods of teaching are encouraged to apply.
• Coordinate art class content appropriate for age groups (e.g. Grades 1-3, 2-4 or 4-7)
• Provide class descriptions and other promotional content in a timely manner
• Ensure the kids arrive safely to the class
• Professional instruction in a fun, creative and safe environment
• Provide a Police Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector
• Fluent in English; fluency in French is an asset
• Creative and musical background
• Must have experience and enjoy teaching children
• Must be available to start teaching in October 2016
• Access to a car is an asset, but not required
• Passionate and able to engage and encourage the students to discover and explore
• Enthusiastic, creative, positive, hardworking, professional team player
• Highly dependable, punctual and able to make a commitment a MUST!
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your current resume along with a brief description of your course proposal.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Megan Koch, Art Programmes Coordinator, North Vancouver Community Arts Council, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2G3 or email@example.com.
Remuneration is $85 per day (2 hours of instruction).