Sep. 30, 2016
The Goh Ballet Academy achieves the highest levels of professionalism in classical ballet training and performance productions while supporting its students’ passion for dance and dedication to their art. With steadfast commitment for over 35 years, Goh Ballet offers vibrant, innovative and diverse dance educational experiences to students, taught by award-winning instructors.
The Office Administrator ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and supports the work of the Director, as well as managing other staff. He/she performs various administrative functions such as supervising the scheduling of private lessons, supervising reception, compiling financial/project reports and coordinating meetings and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Administrator performs a wide range of duties including the following and other related duties that may be assigned from time to time:
• Provides administrative support to the Director and Academy
• Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and evaluates the operations and administrative services including supervision of proper execution of day-to-day operations which includes communications with parents, students and 3rd parties, etc.
• Oversees and co-ordinates office policies and procedures, scheduling and review, evaluates and implements new procedures
• Co-ordinates and plans for relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, maintenance (workplace and equipment) and security
• Assists with business development, strategy and implementation of marketing initiatives and business development/student retention plans as well as contribution to long-term strategic planning and implementation
• Assembles data and prepares periodic and special reports, manuals, correspondence and other documentation including monthly reports on private lessons, event management documents, and documentation support for visitors, international students and guest teachers
• Codes and files material according to the established procedures
• Updates and ensures the accuracy of the Academy's databases
• Backs up electronic files (where not automated) using proper procedures
• Administers policies and procedures related to the release of information in processing requests under access to information and privacy legislation
• Establishes work priorities, delegates work to office support staff, and ensures deadlines are met and procedures are followed
• Directs and advises staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services
• Interviews and hires support staff
• Assists in preparation of operating budget and maintains inventory and budgetary controls plans, administers and controls budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
• Assists with financial reports and prepares invoices
• Supervises account balances for tuition fees and payments and follows up with clients when required
• Administers petty cash according to established procedures
• Post-secondary education in business or office management is an asset
• 3-5 years’ experience at a professional level in an office environment with performing business administration or a range of administrative services is required
• Experience supporting an executive position related to office administration is required
• Understanding of the dance industry is an asset
• Experience with scheduling is an asset
• Strong organizational capabilities and experience in drafting reports and presentations is required
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Office, databases, bookkeeping is required
• Proficiency in the use of office equipment: computer, voice messaging systems, fax, photocopier is required
The Office Administrator should demonstrate competence in the following:
• Organization: Detail-oriented, sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, results driven and meets deadlines, tracks details/data/information/activities and adapts in a fast-paced environment.
• Communicate Effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Build Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the Academy.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Solve Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem.
• Behave Ethically: Understands ethical behaviour and business practices and ensures own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the Academy.
• Make Decisions: Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the Academy.
• Plan: Determines strategies to move the Academy forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluates the process and results.
• Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Working in an office environment with a standard work week.
• The Office Administrator may be required to work some overtime hours such as attending meetings or events.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume to Katharina Schulz (email@example.com). All applications will be reviewed. We thank you for your interest and will only be contacting qualified applicants. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Deadline: September 30th, 2016.
Start date: Immediately
Dependent on experience