Open Space Arts Society
Sep. 24, 2016
Open Space is an artist-run centre in Victoria, BC that supports experimental artistic practices in all contemporary arts disciplines, acting as a laboratory for engaging art, artists, and communities.
The Program Coordinator will assist with research, scheduling, logistics, artists’ contracts, documentation, marketing, publishing, critical writing, website content, installation, shipping, and project evaluation. Projects include visual arts projects, creating a touring package, and creating a blog concerning the arts in city of Victoria.
• Research, schedule, and plan an upcoming exhibition
• Creating a touring package of a local Victoria arts
• Create a blog on arts in the city of Victoria
Degree in visual art or art history. Candidates must demonstrate proven research, writing, and organizational skill, with a preference given to candidates who are familiar with contemporary art practices through work in galleries or artist-run centres. Optimal software facility: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional Suite, and website software (Drupal). Open Space is a deadline-driven work environment. We value responsibility, reliability, and active participation. A valid driver’s license is an asset.
Eligible applicants must
• Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Have finished the school term at the start of employment;
• Be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment. Note that the Open Space workweek is Tuesday through Saturday, with Sunday–Monday weekends;
• Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
• Be an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, i.e. not employed full-time;
• Be a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within 24 months of the start of employment;
• Not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
• Not have previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus program funded under the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy.
How to Apply:
Application deadline: Saturday, September 24, 2016 before 5:00 pm
Apply with a one-page cover letter and a current resume to email@example.com (Indicate “Program Coordinator Competition” in the subject window.)
Wage: $15.00/hour beginning October 1 and continuing to March 31, 2017 Workweek: Tuesday through Saturday with occasional evening and weekend work. Hours: 7.5-hour workday