Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art
Sep. 30, 2016
The Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art is a public gallery nestled in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Named after the acclaimed Haida artist Bill Reid (1920 – 1998), master goldsmith, carver, sculptor, writer, broadcaster and spokesman.
It is the only public gallery in Canada dedicated to contemporary Indigenous art of the Northwest Coast. First opened in May 2008, it is home to the Simon Fraser University Bill Reid Collection and special exhibitions of contemporary Indigenous art of the Northwest Coast.
Working with and reporting to the Director of Marketing on a range of digital and other marketing initiatives.
• Maintain the identity and brand of the Gallery in all digital and other marketing initiatives
• Develop and implement digital marketing strategies (including social media) to support the Gallery’s strategic objectives
• Develop engaging content for all digital and social media marketing initiatives
• Timely design and distribution of Monthly E-News and other online communications
• Design material for print and digital formats when required
• Manage all updates, including content and support graphics and images for the new Bill Reid Gallery website (to be completed Sep 30, 2017)
• Monitor digital analytics
• Track Gallery presence on partner websites and provide updates as required
• Submit Gallery listings to selected media and stakeholders on a weekly basis
• Manage the Gallery’s participation in ongoing stakeholder partnership programs
• Monitor and respond to general Gallery email inquiries
• Provide tech support for Gallery rental clients
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A keen interest in Northwest Coast Art and cultures
• Experience with social media platforms
• Familiar with analytics and trends
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Degree or Certificate in Marketing/Communications and/or commensurate experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and oral
• 2 to 3 years experience in digital marketing
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Ability to prepare photographic images for production
• Ability to maintain and update content on a website
• Ability to adhere to deadlines
• Well organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Director of Marketing via email at
email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2016.
No phone calls please – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To be negotiated, based on skills and experience.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org