BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts
Sep. 19, 2016
The BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts officially opened in October 1997 as the Capilano College Performing Arts Theatre. In support of the institution's performing arts programs, the 372 seat theatre was built as a much needed performance space designed to nurture and showcase the university's emerging artists.
The Centre has evolved to encompass a broad range of artistic programming including the founding and production of several distinct series including the Cap Jazz Series, Cap Global Roots Series, Cap Classical/Choral Series, Cap Theatre Series and North Shore Jazz Series.
In June 2011, The Capilano Performing Arts Theatre became the North Shore Credit Union Centre for the Performing Arts. The name changed in September 2013 to BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts.
For more information visit www.capilanou.ca/centre
This is customer service, box office and clerical work at the BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts at Capilano University.
An incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for selling tickets using the Theatre Manager ticketing system for performances at the BlueShore Centre for the Performing Arts including ensuring the general public receive excellent customer service, clarifying policies and procedures, receiving and balancing receipts, making a daily cash balance, and performing related clerical duties.
An incumbent receives direction from the Box Office Supervisor and reports to the General Manager, BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts.
- Provides front line customer service and information in-person, by phone and by email to students, staff, faculty and the general public regarding ticket purchases and policies regarding the BlueShore Centre for the Performing Arts.
- Sells tickets using Theatre Manager software and collects other revenue as necessary.
- Receives payment from a variety of sources; accepts payment by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card; issues receipts; maintains custody of and ensures the security of deposits.
- Balances daily cash collection and reconciles reports to deposits.
- Performs clerical duties such as data entry, mail-outs, poster distribution, and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service by presenting a positive and helpful image (in person, by e-mail and by phone); by assisting students, other employees and the general public by providing knowledgeable information about the university in general as well as about specific payments and tickets; and by providing follow-through with customer inquiries.
- Ability to check forms, receive remittances and make correct change, balance financial transactions and issue accurate receipts in a prompt manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, and apply problem-solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- One year of box office experience
- Considerable knowledge of Theatre Manager software program.
How to Apply:
For full posting and to apply visit http://www.capilanou.ca/services/Career-Planning-Employment/
This is a staff position, 1 year contract, renewed annually.
$20.60 - 23.18 per hour