Museum of Vancouver
Nov. 23, 2017
Museum of Vancouver (MOV)
The Museum of Vancouver connects Vancouverites to each other, to their city and to the world. Programs, exhibitions, and collections bring people together to explore historic and contemporary issues and to envision the future of the Vancouver region. The museum focus encompasses history, design, visual arts, architecture, urban planning, music, new media, fashion, photography, popular culture.
MOV is seeking part-time staff to join the Visitor Experience department. This is causal work requiring considerable flexibility regarding availability and hours of work.
Visitor Services staff provide the first point of contact with MOV visitors. Knowledgeable and engaging, they play a vital part in ensuring a rewarding visitor experience and in promoting MOV exhibits and public events and the benefits of membership.
Hours: No established regular hours of work. Shifts range from 4 hours to 8 hours between the hours of 8:00am and 1:00am within a seven-day work week. Shifts are typically during daytime hours, though frequent evening and early-morning work may be required. Hours of work are sporadic and will change from week to week.
Note: This position falls under the jurisdiction of CUPE local 15.
Visitor Service staff provide exceptional customer service, support membership and marketing initiatives, maintain gallery readiness for visitors, accurately process payments, and lead emergency evacuation procedures. Visitor Services Staff ensure rental clients are provided with any services detailed in the rental contract and that they honour the obligations outlined within it.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Education and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must enjoy working with the public
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Ability to set-up, take down and operate technical equipment for rental clients.
- Experience working with cash transactions and processing credit card, debt payments.
- Ability to read and absorb information in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships with MOV staff
- Training in hospitality tourism or related subjects or equivalent training and experience
- The ability to lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 30 lbs. at a time
- Ability to climb ladders and reach over head.
How to Apply:
Please submit application by email no later than 5:00pm, November 23, 2017 to:
Pay Grade 11: $15.84 per hour plus 12% in lieu of vacation and benefits
Contact Email: email@example.com