The ACT Arts Centre (The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council)
Dec. 4, 2017
The ACT Art Gallery is operated by the Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council and is part of The ACT Arts Centre in Maple Ridge, BC. Currently classified as `community gallery’, the 1400 square foot space has a reputation for a dynamic mix of exhibitions in all mediums, showcasing the work of artists, and artist groups, whose practise(s) lies within almost every level in artist spectrum. The exhibition program includes regular gallery receptions, artist talks and a lively schools-access program. The gallery also has published several artist catalogues and brochures.
The Gallery Assistant and Shop Coordinator responsibilities are largely dedicated to supporting the curator in the installation and administration of exhibitions, and, in consultation with the curator, managing the Gallery Shop. Experience in working with the public and volunteers is essential, as the position is very `public faced’ and includes ongoing interaction with trained Gallery and Shop volunteers.
Exhibition Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with exhibition administration and installation.
- Overseeing gallery during normal operating hours.
- Assisting with special events, artists’ talks and school tours.
- Scheduling volunteers to assist with after-hours shifts in the gallery.
- Mailing out invitations to upcoming exhibits or other gallery events.
- Maintaining the gallery shop storage and kitchen area as required.
Gallery Shop Responsibilities include:
- Setting up Gallery Shop displays, managing the shop inventory, and completing sales reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate accounts of Gallery Shop sales and Gallery donations, including bank deposits, petty cash and float.
- Ensuring Gallery shop inventory is regularly replenished, and successfully locating new artists whose work is a good fit for the shop’s customer base.
- Maintaining accurate and timely updates or artisan files.
- Training and scheduling of volunteers for the Gallery and Gallery Shop as well as recording of volunteer hours, patron numbers, total sales, etc.
- Working with the Marketing Department to regularly update the promotional plan for the Shop.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Experience in a professional or community art setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior written and spoken English language skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel: familiarity with a Graphics and/or Web interface would be helpful.
- Preference will be given to candidates with retail, marketing, or display experience.
- Ability to work independently to a professional standard in all of the above requirements
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email at
email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 4, 2017.
No phone calls please – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. We wish to thank all those who apply. We encourage people to view our website for future job postings.
$16 per hour based on 35 hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org