Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is under the artistic leadership of Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
The Marketing & Sales Manager plans and leads the execution of all marketing, sales and publicity campaigns related to Gateway Theatre initiatives, including the Signature Series, the Pacific Festival, the Gateway Academy, venue rentals plus any additional programs or activities. The position is permanent, full-time. Hours of work are office hours with occasional evenings and weekends.
Reporting to the Executive Director and in consultation with the Artistic Director, the Marketing & Sales Manager will:
- Prepare an annual departmental budget and monitor spending
- Plan marketing campaigns and pricing strategies
- Lead the development of design concepts and copywriting
- Develop print materials, advertising and marketing collateral
- Oversee the Gateway’s website, social media and online presence
- Plan sales initiatives, messaging and out-bound communications
- Negotiate and manage relationships with media sponsors, designers, printers, and other suppliers
- Recruit, supervise, evaluate and develop Marketing and Sales Department staff
- Participate as a member of the Management Team
- Professional marketing and sales experience, ideally in an arts environment.
- A genuine enthusiasm for live theatre
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to manage others and delegate work
- A collaborative, innovative and flexible approach to work
- Knowledge of the local arts and culture community is an asset
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Camilla Tibbs firstname.lastname@example.org. Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
$45,000 to $55,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits and pension plan