Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Nov. 23, 2017
Bard on the Beach Theatre Society is Western Canada’s largest Shakespeare Festival with an annual budget of more than $6 million and over 100,000 patrons per year. Entering our 29th Season, the Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas, and special events from June through September in two large theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park. Bard also has robust Education programs, which bring the magic of Shakespeare and the performing arts to students of all ages. Bard’s administrative and production offices are located at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, the Sponsorship and Events Officer will be a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is dedicated to providing sponsors and supporters with exceptional experiences. The Sponsorship & Events Officer will be responsible for prospecting, securing and maintaining corporate sponsors, as well as delivering on sponsorship fulfillment and stewardship. During the Festival season, this position will oversee the activation and implementation of corporate sponsorship events on site, as well as supporting other development events and activities.
- Relationship management of over 30 corporate sponsor partnerships including prospecting, solicitation, contract negotiations, invoicing and payment processing, stewardship, event activations and reporting.
- Expand and diversify Bard’s existing Corporate Sponsorship base, and implement actions for promoting acquisition, retention, and renewal.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to ensure all sponsor recognition pieces are produced on-time and in accordance with sponsor contracts including online recognition, the Bard Season House Program, etc.
- Overseeing the on-site activation and implementation of all corporate events, receptions, sponsor activations, opening & closing nights, and other events as needed. This position will work closely with the Operations Team, Development Events Assistant and Senior Staff to provide our sponsors and stakeholders with an exceptional experiences.
- Ensure accurate onsite sponsor recognition.
- Assist the Senior Development Manager in researching and writing grant and foundation applications. Completing applications and final reports to corporate funders and foundations.
- Be an active member of the Development Team and Bard on the Beach administrative staff, providing feedback and making suggestions to add value and deepen experiences.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Development Manager and Senior Staff.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field and/or a minimum 3 years experience in a development role.
- Experience coordinating and executing a variety of special events.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Experience with grant and foundation writing an asset.
- Exceptional attention to details, deadlines and timelines, with the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, esp. Excel, MS Word and mail merges.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter with wage expectations to https://bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities by Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Annual salary commensurate with experience plus a full benefits package (following a probationary period).