Dec. 1, 2017
The largest dance organization in British Columbia, Ballet BC is a professional contemporary ballet company located in the heart of culturally vibrant and cosmopolitan Vancouver, recognized as one of the world's most livable cities surrounded by wild, natural beauty.
Combining classical integrity with a contemporary sensibility. Ballet BC is a company of 20 talented dancers from Canada and around the world that is committed to the ballet of today. Solidly grounded in the rigour and artistry of classical ballet, with an emphasis on innovation and the immediacy of the 21st century, the company presents a distinct and diverse repertoire of the most sought-after Canadian and international contemporary ballet choreographers. Ballet BC continues its commitment to perform highly acclaimed productions on regional, national and international tours, in addition to its regular performance season at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver.
Ballet BC is seeking an adaptable, enthusiastic individual with a passion for the performing arts to assist in its fundraising activities on a full-time basis. The Development Coordinator will support the Development Manager to ensure the successful execution of Ballet BC’s annual fundraising campaign, be responsible for the coordination and execution of development events and manage the donor database in a fast-paced growing organization.
- Oversee and manage donor records and database, focusing on thorough and accurate entry, timely recognition and acknowledgement, and engaging communication;
- Administration of donations and donor database;
- Planning and execution of all special events with focus on event logistics;
- Assisting with production of communications and mailings to maintain excellent donor stewardship and solicitation;
- Assisting with the logistics of the annual fundraising campaign;
- Coordination of annual silent auction including prize solicitation and design & production of promotional materials;
- Prospect research for sponsors and donors;
- Solicitation of in-kind donations;
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Ensure the ethical handling of all confidential donor, sponsor and prospect information.
- College/University certificate/diploma or a combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of two years of prior related experience including fundraising, coordinating events, administrative assistance, and database management experience is preferred.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects, competing demands and changing priorities;
- Quick learner with meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Excellent computer skills with a high proficiency in MS Office applications; familiarity with fundraising databases is required;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively as part of a professional team;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Proven problem solving skills and creative thinking skills, with the capability to identify the need for and take action on initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills, ensuring a professional quality in all communications: electronic, written, oral;
- Experience working in the arts is preferred, with particular interest in the mission, programs and future plans of Ballet BC.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the Company.
Ballet BC is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and letter of intent by noon on December 1, 2017 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, "Attention: Development Coordinator"
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Ballet BC. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Contact Name: Lauren Fletcher
Contact Email: email@example.com