The Bolton Academy of Spoken Arts
Mar. 31, 2017
As the largest Speech Arts and Drama school in all of Canada, BASA has a long history of creating successful communicators. For over 20 years, BASA has been helping young people to develop their ability to communicate confidently, effectively and with impact. We help our students find their own unique voice and improve their communication skills so that success is ensured in every situation. Our program prepares students for success in all types of performances, from interviews and school projects to speeches, debates, networking and life.
- The Administrator of the Bolton Academy of Spoken Arts is responsible for the day-to-day operations that keep the Academy running, organized, and profitable.
- The Administrator corresponds with 700+ clients on a weekly basis, processes incoming tuition, and assists in planning year-round events.
- Additionally, the Administrator manages the Administrative Support Team who manage duties during hours when the Administrator is not in the office.
- Being the “face” of BASA by running the front desk and interacting with clients on a daily basis in a professional, courteous, and warm manner.
- Overseeing all external communication with clients (phones, emails etc.) as well as all internal communication with staff (announcements, scheduling updates etc.)
- Maintaining all of BASA’s Databases with client information, including a Registration Database to keep track of our waitlisted clients, a Schedule Database which keeps track of 700+ students’ class times and teachers, and an Information Database which keeps track of all students’ payments
- Processing tuition, which involves handling large sums of cash, entering financial data into managing accounts receivable, and operating a Remote Capture Device
- Meeting with prospective new clients to discuss the philosophy and value of our program and registering them onto our databases
- Updating staff schedules and Calendars as needed
- Maintaining the general organization and cleanliness of our office space
- Delegating tasks to and supervising the Administrative Support Team
- Designing and implementing new and improved Administrative systems as necessary
- Liaising with our building property manager with regards to office/building requirements
- Being flexible, organized, and efficient with any other administrative tasks that come up during the day-to-day operations of BASA
The Administrator must have experience and proficiency with the following tools and programs:
- Microsoft Windows Vista to Windows 10
- Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Apple IOS Operating system (including pages and iPad)
- Google: Gmail, Calendars, Documents, Spreadsheets, Forms (including Script Editing)
- Mail Chimp
- Adobe programs: Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop (optional, but beneficial)
- HTML Coding (optional, but beneficial)
How to Apply:
Please email resumes to Rowand Argue, Managing Director, at email@example.com or by mail to: BASA 201-1678 West Broadway Vancouver, BC V6J 1X6. Resumes must be received no later than 5pm on March 31, 2017. We do not accept applications by fax. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants, but advise that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. This position begins in mid May.