Emily Carr University of Art + Design
Mar. 30, 2017
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Emily Carr University of Art + Design is a world leader in education and research. Encouraging experimentation at the intersection of art, design, media and technology, our learning community merges studio practice, research, and critical theory in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Alumni and faculty are internationally recognized as award-winning creators and thought leaders who have significant impact on both the cultural sector and economy. Emily Carr University engages students, industry, and society to continuously explore and think differently about creativity and how it shapes our world. Located in beautiful and culturally rich Vancouver, British Columbia, the University attracts more than 1800 students from 60 countries to our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Permanent Full-Time Position
Monday to Friday / 8:30am to 4:30pm
Applications are invited for a Cashier/Accounting Clerk to perform cashiering duties for tuition fees, lab fees, and other receipts; assist in Accounts Receivables duties; and, provide administrative and clerical support to the Financial Services Department.
1. Performs cashiering duties by receiving money from students and staff for tuition fees, lab fees, supplies, field trips, etc, using Colleague Cash Receipt System to issue receipts and balance summary. Prepares bank deposit and delivers to the bank.
2. Responds to student inquiries in person, by phone, and by email regarding payment methods, student fees, account balances, tuition deferrals, and other related information. Communicates with other departments and makes necessary adjustments in Colleague, to students’ accounts as required.
3. Processes student locker payments. Explains process, collects payment, and ensures forms are correctly completed. Provides reports to Facilities Department as required.
4. Processes tuition deferral payments. Explains process, collects payment, and ensures forms are correctly completed. Enters information into Colleague (PERC).
5. Processes parking pass payments. Explains parking location and regulations, collects vehicle information, and distributes current day and semester passes.
6. Processes Admissions related application fee payments. Reconciles batches from Admissions to PayPal, preparing and posting journal entries to transfer deposit information accordingly.
7. Assists in the maintenance of student admission deposits. Identifies unused deposits and contacts Admissions to determine appropriate action.
8. Ensures follow-up procedures are performed for students with a credit balance. Contacts students and initiates refunds or term balance transfers as requested. Completes refund vouchers for approval and submission to weekly cheque runs.
9. Reconciles daily cash batches including batches from alternate cashiers and the web. Prepares and posts journal entry to transfer deposit information according to a predetermined schedule. Files completed batches.
10. Prepares and reconciles Passport to Education, and invoicing the Ministry of Education.
11. Prepares invoices and follows-up to collect miscellaneous non-tuition amounts owing to the University from outside agencies including the reconciliation of accounts. Follows-up on trade receivables via email or over the phone.
12. Ensures accurate and timely reporting of Adobe Creative Cloud enrolments through Informer and Colleague. Provides information to Information Technology Services for activation and access.
13. Distributes T4’s, T4A’s, and T2202’s to students as directed. Maintains files of same.
14. Maintains a petty cash fund, replenishing as necessary. Distributes and reconciles petty cash floats as required by the University community.
15. Performs testing on updates to the Colleague Cash Receipt System before changes are implemented.
16. Copies Finance forms and maintains adequate supplies in various areas.
17. Sorts and distributes business cheques. Ensures appropriate invoices are paid at the bank by the due date.
18. Assists with processing Student Scholarships when required.
19. Processes Accounts Receivables special batches when required.
• Completion of Grade 12 plus business courses in bookkeeping, word processing, and standard commercial subjects.
• Minimum two years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Word, Excel and database accounting software preferable.
• A working knowledge of cashiering and office procedures.
• Proven ability to handle cash and mathematical aptitude.
• Ability to deal effectively, tactfully and positively with University students, staff and the public.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply University and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume (quoting competition #S013-2017) by 4:00pm, Thursday, 30 March 2017 to: Human Resources, Emily Carr University, 1399 Johnston St, Vancouver BC V6H 3R9, Fax: 844-3885 Email: email@example.com.
$38,423 to $41,135 per annum
Contact Name: Human Resources
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 844-3824