Vancouver Bach Choir
Apr. 14, 2017
The Vancouver Bach Family of Choirs provides high quality training and performances of traditional and new choral works for all communities and ages. With eight choral ensembles, the VBC is one of the largest choral groups in Metro Vancouver and the only organization that provides choral singing and education to over 500 voices from kindergarten to adulthood.
The Vancouver Bach Choir Data Manager is a temporary, full-time position for the summer of 2017 and intended for those currently pursuing full-time studies. The Data Manager will be responsible for updating and optimizing a database compiled from previous donors, alumni and ticket buyers, for future ease of use by the organization. Additional duties may include further management of archives and library files.
Employment Dates- May 8-August 25
The Data Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
1. Creating systematic approaches to correcting and organizing previously collected data that has been entered into Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, online platforms (Mailchimp), and migrating all data into a Customer Service Management System (Salesforce).
2. Checking for, and inputting missing data from collected documents, particularly, collecting contact information (email and mailing addresses) for VBC and VBCC Alumni.
3. Working with the Operations Coordinator and Systems Administrator to plan a data organization strategy that will allow the society to more easily use and analyse data.
4. Create reports on data entry methods, as well as keeping track of changes to data in an organized manner.
5. Additional work to include: additional analysis on data entered, assist with organization of digital and paper archival materials, update and systematize music library database and physical storage space, and assist with processing registration information for the 17/18 season.
Work will take place at the office of the Vancouver Bach Choir located at 3102 Main St. Location is fully accessible.
Mandatory Requirements as stated by Canada Summer Jobs:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree or currently studying in Library Sciences, Data or Computer Science or Music.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills for data entry and manipulation within Excel, and familiarity with basic analysis within Excel.
• Familiarity with Salesforce is an asset, but not required.
• Organized and direct writing style.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision: good time management skills, strong initiative, and ability to work collaboratively are essential.
• Willing to work creatively with minimal resources and minimal direction.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume combined into one PDF file, before Friday April 14, 2017 to Nina Horvath, email@example.com.