VIVO Media Arts Centre
Mar. 27, 2017
The Satellite Video Exchange Society/VIVO Media Arts Centre (www.vivomediaarts.com) is a Vancouver-based, non-profit, artist-run media arts centre that encourages and directly supports the creation, production, education, exhibition, distribution, and appreciation of media works by independent artists and alternative, community-based producers and activists. We provide a dynamic artistic program that includes exhibitions, performances, lectures, workshops, residencies, historical archives and access to contemporary research materials. We are dedicated to exploring the potential of new technologies in art and examining current technological evolutions in a critical context.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for managing, developing and maintaining technical aspects of VIVO Media Arts Centre. Areas of responsibility include coordinating equipment rentals to members and scheduling equipment usage, overseeing maintenance and proper care of technical equipment, providing or managing technical support for VIVO programs and renter events and presentations, coordinating with VIVO management and staff on technical matters, managing the departmental budget and supervising all technical staff and volunteers.
- Manage and maintain a professional and creative environment, providing technical assistance to members and VIVO staff for media production and presentations
- Perform and/or supervise the research, purchase and regular maintenance of post-production suites and creative labs, A/V and studio equipment rental, and general computer systems
- Deliver or manage contract staff to provide full-time technical support for all equipment, post-production suites and production and presentation spaces
- Deliver or manage contract staff to install/de-install shows and work as a live AV technician
- Research technical developments and determine members’ present and future technical needs
- Train and supervise technical support staff, volunteers and interns
- Coordinate with other departments regarding all technical and facilities needs
- Provide an effective interface with VIVO’s membership, technical staff, volunteers and community groups
- Manage departmental administration, including technical support training programs, and equipment/facilities access
- Manage internal and external equipment rental requests and booking schedules
- Accept payments for rentals and manage departmental finances according to VIVO financial and bookkeeping practices
- Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital audio and video production and post- production formats, systems and set-ups, including format transfers/digitization
- Strong knowledge of analogue and digital A/V presentation equipment and installation
- Strong knowledge of live sound, lighting, projection, and media art installation and performance
- Good understanding of computer networking and maintenance
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Personal commitment to some form of creative cultural practice
- Experience working with artist-run centres, collectives or community based organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, with an ability to organize day to day operations, set and meet deadlines, work well under pressure and exercise sound judgment in setting priorities
- Proficient in OSX MacOS computing environment, including Final Cut Pro, MS Office, Adobe software, Filemaker Pro etc. (or demonstrate ability to learn software quickly)
- Driver’s license an asset
How to Apply:
Please send as a single PDF document your resume and cover letter outlining suitability to the position before 5pm, Thursday, March 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Hiring Committee – Technical Services Manager
The Satellite Video Exchange Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from self-identified members of underserved communities as well as visible and invisible minority groups. We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held the week of April 3; position start date is anticipated for the week of April 25.
4 days | 28 hours per week | 25,850 per annum
Contact Email: email@example.com