Emily Carr University of Art + Design
May 4, 2017
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Emily Carr University of Art + Design is a world leader in education and research. Encouraging experimentation at the intersection of art, design, media and technology, our learning community merges studio practice, research, and critical theory in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Alumni and faculty are internationally recognized as award-winning creators and thought leaders who have significant impact on both the cultural sector and economy. Emily Carr University engages students, industry, and society to continuously explore and think differently about creativity and how it shapes our world. Located in beautiful and culturally rich Vancouver, British Columbia, the University attracts more than 1800 students from 60 countries to our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Permanent Full-Time Position
8:30am to 4:30pm / Monday to Friday
Applications are invited for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support in the day-to-day operation of the University Advancement and Communications Office. Must be willing to work occasional shift work (evenings/weekends), extra hours as required and to work as part of a team.
1. Provides administrative support for the University Advancement and Communications Departments. Arranges appointments and meetings, drafts correspondence, conducts research relating to special projects, and enters actions and information into Raiser’s Edge.
2. Works within the Colleague enterprise information system. Processes invoices and payments for both departments and prepares and monitors purchase orders and payment vouchers.
3. Responsible for processing, tracking, and following up with Donations, Pledges, and Inner Circle Memberships. Issues receipts, drafts correspondence for signature, and prepares donations for deposit.
4. Provides support for University events initiated by the University Advancement + Communications Departments, such as the Annual Campaign, Homecoming, Chancellor’s Reception, Award Competitions, Juries and the other special events. Complies invitation lists, sends invitations, and responds to RSVPs.
5. Assists the Membership + Advancement Assistant by preparing Board packages for the Alumni + Foundations Boards, creating meeting agendas, and researching new members.
6. Reviews Alumni Association monthly bank statements, prepares payment vouchers, cheques, and purchase requisitions, processes credit card payments, and communicates with financial institutions as necessary.
7. Maintains accurate filing systems for the University Advancement + Communications Office. Photocopies and files material as necessary.
8. Provides administrative support for a variety of Alumni Relations + Communications initiatives such as issuing memberships, sending membership renewals, maintaining accurate email list, mailings, correspondence, bookkeeping for Associations, events, and facilities bookings.
• Completion of Grade 12 plus relevant post-secondary courses in business, accounting and fundraising.
• Minimum two years’ office and administrative experience working in a fundraising environment.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
• Experience working on special events, and dealing with Volunteers and Donors.
• Experience in sponsorship development and special events.
• Some experience in communications and social media would be an asset.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, social networking platforms, and Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent database) is essential.
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, Wordpress, and Colleague preferred.
• Working knowledge of CRA requirements and bookkeeping as they pertain to charities an asset.
• Ability to network and to develop sponsorships opportunities, including negotiating small sponsorships and partnerships agreements, excluding major gifts.
• Demonstrated experience interacting effectively with Donors, Alumni/Membership, Volunteers, and Internal Stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision, as well as effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, including evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume (quoting Competition #S018-2017) by 4:00pm, Thursday, 4 May 2017 to: Human Resources, Emily Carr University, 1399 Johnston Street, Vancouver BC V6H 3R9, Fax: (604) 844-3885 Email: email@example.com.
$40,210 to $43,049 per annum