Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society
May 31, 2017
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is host to the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and the year-round Vancity Theatre with a combined total of 200,000 attendees per year. Now in its 36th year, VIFF remains one of North America's most prestigious and largest film festivals.
Established in 2005, the Vancity Theatre provides a state of the art facility to showcase the best in international and Canadian cinema. In 2016, we operated 364 days during which time we screened films and provided an invaluable and affordable rental venue for numerous start-up film festivals and smaller not-for-profit film, arts and cultural organizations.
Reporting to the Marketing Director and Digital Communications Coordinator, the Digital Production Producer / Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and creating VIFF’s audio, video and photography content for multiple marketing platforms, sponsor fulfillment and archival needs.
The Digital Production Producer / Coordinator must demonstrate the following competencies:
• Adapting to Change
• Customer Service
• Delivering Results
• Motivating Others
• Teamwork & Collaboration
Under the direction of the Marketing Director and Digital Communications Coordinator, this contract position includes but is not limited to the following:
• Collaborate closely with the Marketing Department to identify and establish objectives and strategies for digital platforms: website, social media and email.
• In conjunction with VIFF’s digital communications plan, establish digital content curation, collection and organization strategy primarily for audio, video and photography content
• Manage and schedule VIFF’s team volunteer photographers and videographers
• Act as a liaison between videography/photography teams and VIFF Department heads
• In conjunction with VIFF’s social media strategy, spearhead production and publication of video and photography assets (edit, package and produce video for social media platforms)
• Work with VIFF’s agency to produce festival promotional trailers
• Provide posting support for social media coordinator
• Manage VIFF’s Vimeo and YouTube channels
• Manages and maintains VIFF’s photo library
• Experience working on large-scale, deadline-driven projects
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite, Premiere and After Effects required, Microsoft Office experience a plus
• Previous experience with audio/video production/editing and digital image management required
• A strong understanding of Social Media content marketing an asset
• Must have a strong eye for visual content
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral-communications skills
• Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast passed environment and to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
Please submit a current CV, along with a cover letter that addresses how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society to email@example.com. Please include “HIRING DIGITAL PRODUCTION PRODUCER/COORDINATOR” in the subject line of the email.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org