Contemporary Art Gallery
May 3, 2017
The Contemporary Art Gallery is one of Canada’s premiere art institutions and Vancouver’s longest standing independent public art gallery. It is dedicated to the research, exhibition, education and documentation of contemporary visual art as it is practiced locally through to internationally. Learning lies at the heart of everything the gallery does. It aspires to generate significant audiences for its innovative and diverse programs through free access and a profile that is international in scope. Through exhibitions, off-site projects, residencies, learning and public programs, CAG aims to be perceived as a producer and transmitter of new ideas and activities, as a container for artistic experience. Radiating out from our center in Vancouver, our program seeks to signify an understanding of art as something of meaning in our daily lives, asserting a continuum, enmeshed within and of significance to all other experience.
The Contemporary Art Gallery is seeking a Marketing & Event Assistant to assist the Gallery Team and in particular help in the preparation and promotion of an annual Gala and Art Auction. The Marketing & Event Assistant will perform these duties during a 14 week period at 40 hours per week. The position will be conducted in English and will begin May 29, 2017and end September 1, 2017. The hours are Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm.
This summer student position is subject to funding approval from Young Canada Works. Applicants must be a full-time student in the semester immediately preceding June, returning to school full-time in the fall and be between 16 and 30 years old at the start of employment to apply. Eligible applicants must also be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have official refugee protection status, be legally eligible to work in BC, not have another fulltime job (30+ hours/week) and be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.gc.ca).
- Liaising with artists, studios and galleries regarding artwork donations and related documents via telephone and email
- Arranging shipping of artwork from around the world to meet internal deadlines
- Planning and contributing to marketing materials for print and online
- Researching and producing written materials about the event and participating artists
- Updating databases, and sourcing vendors and materials
- Identifying/producing event specific documents (registration sheets, bid forms etc.)
- other duties as required
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution in visual arts or related program
- Careful attention to detail and creative problem solving
- A background or demonstrated interest in event planning
- Must be able to work in a PC office environment using Word and Excel
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent communication abilities and experience working in a team environment.
- Driver’s license
- Working knowledge of Creative Suite
- Experience handling art is an asset
- Knowledge of social media marketing and Raiser’s Edge are assets
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF via email with the subject Marketing & Event Assistant Application to email@example.com. Indicate how you meet the student eligibility requirements for this position. For more information about the CAG, please visit our website at: www.contemporaryartgallery.ca
$15.00 per hour, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org