Evergreen Cultural Centre
May 5, 2017 (5:00 p.m.)
The Evergreen Cultural Centre, located in Coquitlam City Centre, houses a 257-seat studio theatre, art gallery, rehearsal studio and several artist studios to showcase its programs and those of the community. Its mission is to be known as the choice cultural destination by providing the community with engaging, quality entertainment, exhibitions and arts programs in a welcoming environment.
The Evergreen Cultural Centre (ECC) seeks and imaginative, resourceful and enthusiastic Public Programming Coordinator to participate in the development and delivery of the ECC’s public arts programs. Under the direction of the Visual Arts and Performing Arts Managers, the Public Programming Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include developing and providing lunchtime activities for participants in the ECC’s hands-on performing and visual arts camps and support for camp program staff and volunteers. The Coordinator will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to manage the ECC’s participation in the City of Coquitlam’s Canada Day activities. The Public Programming Coordinator will also play an important role in the development of the ECC’s 2017/2018 public and educational programs and support materials.
- Develop and lead creative, age-appropriate activities and provide direct supervision of summer camp participants during lunchtime break and for aftercare.
- Maintain public program facilities, materials and equipment for the duration of summer camps.
- Assist Education Coordinators and instructors with the preparation of Friday camp programs.
- Assist staff, counsellors and instructors with overall camp logistics, programming and documentation.
- Participate on relevant internal and external planning committees and support activities for the ECC’s participation in Canada Day activities
- Assist with the program research and with the development of funding applications from public and private sources for support of the ECC’s education and public programs.
- Participate in the development of the 2017/2018 arts education program, fall and winter public engagement and education programs and related brochures and web content.
- Undertake general administrative activities including data entry; monitoring office and telephones; upkeep of files and other relevant activities.
The candidate will be a dynamic, creative, and resourceful individual with a demonstrated interest in public engagement and educational program planning and delivery in the arts. The candidate will have the experience the ability to work with participants of all ages and backgrounds. The candidate must possess or be prepared to obtain a valid criminal record check. First aid training is an asset. Experience in education, recreation administration or in a camp environment is an asset. The position demands that the candidate have excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
This position has confirmed funding from the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program (http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/). All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada;
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- be a full-time student with the intention of returning to full time studies in the fall
- not have another full-time job and not attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to:
Gregory Elgstrand, Visual Arts Manager
Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam V3B 7Y3
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.