Viva Voce Speech Arts Studio
At Viva Voce, we offer Voice, Speech and Drama classes to children and adults who want to become better communicators. We teach in Vancouver and West Vancouver.
We seek qualified Voice, Speech, and Drama teachers to teach both adults and children in the art of effective communication.
We seek part time teachers for:
- Sunday afternoons in West Vancouver, starting immediately
- 3 days of teaching a week starting in September
Classes are either private or a small group.
- Voice (speaking voice, not singing)
- Accent Reduction/ Clarity - Presentation Skills
- Social Communication Skills
- Speech Arts classes (poetry & prose recitation, monologues, Shakespeare, storytelling, speech giving, improv, mime, debate, interpersonal communication, History & Literature, technique)
- Teach the above stated classes, using the curriculum and resources where provided, coupled with your own knowledge, experience, and ideas to provide the best service possible.
- Prepare students for graded examinations in Speech, Drama and Communication Skills.
- Co-plan and lead 3 workshops a year with all the Speech Arts students (6-18 yrs old).
- Interact with parents to inform them of their child’s progress.
- Answer the telephone and respond to emails from your students.
- Full time employees have bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Teaching hours are between 1-9pm on weekdays and 10-5pm on weekends.
We are seeking a teacher available immediately for Sunday afternoons.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Theatre, Performance, Voice, Communication, or similar
- 3 years experience teaching both children and adults
- Top notch communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional, positive manner
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solver
- Experience with the RCM and Trinity Syllabus beneficial
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, to Camilla Burgess: email@example.com
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Contact Name: Camilla Burgess
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org